Management services for maritime investors
Investments in maritime assets generally imply the creation of a dedicated investment vehicle, requiring complex compliance and registration procedures and the need for external financing. SGM can manage the whole process.
- Incorporation & management of the shipping or maritime company
- Ensuring compliance with the strictest regulatory environments
- Registration and flagging of vessels
- Raising senior debt or constructing sale-and-leaseback schemes with first-class financiers
- Raising equity with co-investors when required
- Corporate services related to the companies
SALE AND PURCHASE
The seamless management of the acquisition and disposal of capital-intensive maritime assets is key to the overall performance of the investment. SGM ensures the efficient execution of these operations.
- Technical, legal and commercial due diligence
- Pre-purchase inspections
- Negotiation & contracting of the vessels (S&P)
- Marketing and sale of vessels
- Coordination for all documentary, regulatory and
legal aspects of sale and purchase transactions
Any shipping project has systemic operational exposure, and SGM aims to ensure the best systems and people are in place so that execution adds value rather than risks. SGM integrates operational efficiency as a core aspect of any project.
- Technical management, crewing, insurances of vessels under strict supervision
- Budgeting and forecasting of capex and operational expenses
- Optimisation of cost and results
- Post-fixture and operational management of vessels
- Commercial services and chartering services in accordance with the agreed strategy
- Management of claims, litigations and insurance recoverable
Strict controlling and reporting procedures compliant with the most stringent auditing regimes are required to ensure the full transparency of operations, so stakeholders can take the right decisions, at the right time.
- Complete accounting services
- Reporting, including tailor-made online platforms for convenient access
- Market reporting and follow-up of exposure and NAV
- Risk management
- Full controlling of sub-contractors
- Audits to any required standards